TECSYS Reports 27% Revenue Growth in Q4, 2012
MONTREAL, July 6, 2012—TECSYS Inc. (TSX: TCS), an industry-leading supply chain management software company, announced today its results for the fourth quarter and 2012 fiscal year ended April 30th, 2012. The results of the 2012 fiscal year are audited. All dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency and reported in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Highlights of the Fourth Quarter include:
- Revenue increased by 27% to $10.8M in Q4 of fiscal 2012 compared to $8.5M in Q4 of 2011. Product revenue increased by 79% to $4.5M compared to $2.5M in Q4, 2011 with proprietary License revenue increasing by 130% to $3.0M compared to $1.3M in the same period of 2011. Services revenue increased by 6% to $6.1M compared to $5.7M in the same period of fiscal 2011.
- Profit from operations in Q4, 2012 was $735K compared to $674K in the same quarter of last year.
- EBITDA was $1,273K in Q4, 2012 compared to $1,061K in Q4 of last year.
- Net profit for Q4, 2012 was $473K or $0.04 per share compared to $491K or $0.04 per share in Q4, 2011.
- At the end of Q4, 2012, annualized recurring revenue reached $14.8M, or 37% of 2012 revenue compared to $14.0M, or 39% of 2011 revenue. Recurring revenue is principally made-up of annual software maintenance contracts.
- Backlog increased to $26.3M at the end of Q4, 2012, compared to $24.6M at the end of Q3, 2012 and $21M at the end of Q4, 2011.
- During the quarter, the Company invested approximately $1.0M to increase its services capacity to assist in the delivery of the backlog.
- During the quarter, the Company generated $1.0M cash from operations compared to $1.4M for the corresponding quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Cash and cash equivalents, as well as short-term and other investments at the end of Q4, 2012 amounted to $5.2M compared to $7.3M at the end of Q4, 2011.
Peter Brereton, President and CEO of TECSYS Inc., commented on the results: "The combination of our new supply chain software products and the resurgence of the supply chain management market has been evident, we have felt the impact during this quarter more than any other period in the last two to three years. We won the business of nine new customers, several of these being complex distribution accounts, including one of the largest electronic components distributors in the world and three heavy equipment service parts distributors. Our customer base also invested heavily in our solutions, particularly in the healthcare industry, which contributed the lion’s share of base account bookings in Q4 of 2012. As our backlog continued its consistent growth; a 25% increase in the past year, we invested in our infrastructure, hiring over 50 people by the end of the fiscal year to continue to be able to deliver on our services’ bookings and respond to the needs of our growing customer base."
New customers won during the quarter included:
- Two Heavy Equipment Dealers; one in the U.S. and one in South America
- The Canadian operations of a global heavy equipment manufacturer and distributor
- Canada's largest distributor of value priced greeting cards
- One of the largest distributors of electronic components
- Four industrial distributors; two in Canada and two in the U.S.
Furthermore, the Company signed a significant number of new agreements with existing customers across its business units with healthcare representing 50% of total bookings during the quarter. The Company also completed the deployment of its solutions for the go-lives of twenty three customer sites across all of the Company’s vertical markets during the quarter.
Highlights of the 2012 Fiscal Year include:
- Revenue for fiscal 2012 increased by 11% to $39.5M compared to $35.7M for last fiscal year. Product revenue increased by 17% to $14.6M in 2012 compared to $12.5M in 2011, with the Company’s proprietary License revenue increasing by 25% to $7.3M in 2012 compared to $5.8M in last fiscal year. Services revenue increased by 8% to $24.1M in 2012 compared to $22.3M in last year.
- Profit from operations for the year was $1.5M which was the same as the last fiscal year.
- EBITDA was $3.1M in 2012 compared to $3.2M in fiscal 2011.
- Net profit for the year was $1.1M or $0.09 per share compared to $1.6M or $0.13 for 2011.
TECSYS' Q4 FY2012 Earnings Conference Call:
Date:July 6, 2011
Time: 4:30 p.m. EDT
Phone number: 800-745-9476 or 416-981-9006
The call can be replayed by calling 800-558-5253 (access code: 21598658) or 416-626-4100 (access code: 21598658).
View the Q4 FY2012 Financial Statements (PDF, 80K)
TECSYS provides transformative supply chain solutions that equip our customers to succeed in a rapidly-changing omni-channel world. TECSYS solutions are built on a true enterprise supply chain platform, and include warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, supply management at point-of-use, as well as complete financial management and analytics solutions. Customers running on TECSYS' Supply Chain Platform are confident knowing they can execute, day in and day out, regardless of business fluctuations or changes in technology, they can adapt and scale to any business need or size, and they can expand and collaborate with customers, suppliers and partners as one borderless enterprise. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, TECSYS puts power into the hands of both front line workers and back office planners, and unshackles business leaders so they can see and manage their supply chains like never before.
TECSYS is the market leader in supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals. Over 600 mid-size and Fortune 1000 customers trust their supply chains to TECSYS in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, and general wholesale high-volume distribution industries. TECSYS' shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TCS.
Forward Looking Statements
The statements in this web site relating to matters that are not historical fact are forward looking statements that are based on management's beliefs and assumptions. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties, including but not limited to future economic conditions, the markets that TECSYS Inc. serves, the actions of competitors, major new technological trends, and other factors beyond the control of TECSYS Inc., which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. More information about the risks and uncertainties associated with TECSYS Inc.'s business can be found in the MD&A section of the Company's annual report and annual information form for the fiscal year ended April 30th, 2016. These documents have been filed with the Canadian securities commissions and are available on this Web site and on SEDAR .
Copyright © TECSYS Inc. 2017. All names, trademarks, products, and services mentioned are registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners.