TECSYS Reports Record Revenue in the Third Quarter of Fiscal 2015
MONTREAL, February 26, 2015 — TECSYS Inc. (TSX: TCS), an industry-leading supply chain management software company, today announced its results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2015, ended January 31, 2015. All dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency and are prepared in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and are unaudited.
Third Quarter Highlights:
- Revenue grew sequentially for the sixth consecutive quarter reaching a new record.
- Revenue grew 26% to $15.0M in Q3, 2015 compared to $11.9M in Q3, 2014.
- EBITDA reached $1.3M, representing 22% growth in Q3, 2015 compared to $1.1M in Q3, 2014.
- Proprietary products revenue grew 145% to $3.3M on strong demand from the healthcare market and the Company's newly acquired Logi-D point-of-use products.
- Services revenue improved by 6% to $8.4M, compared to $7.9M in Q3 2014.
- Profit from operations was $630K in Q3, 2015, compared to $589K in Q3, 2014. Before acquisition related amortization costs, profit from operations was $693K in Q3, 2015 compared to $598K in Q3, 2014.
- Recurring revenue on an annualized basis grew to $21.4M, a 25% improvement compared to the end of Q3, 2014, representing 40% of the last 12 months trailing revenue.
- Total contract bookings in the third quarter totaled $12.0M, compared to $4.1M in the third quarter of fiscal 2014.
- Backlog grew to $40.8M at the end of Q3, 2015 compared to $27.4M at the end of Q3, 2014.
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $2.4M at the end of Q3, 2015 compared to $8.8M at the end of Q4, 2014.
- Signed an additional Hospital Network (IDN) in the United States.
- Go-lives at 27 customers' sites, most notably: a significant hospital network in Florida, two heavy equipment dealers in the U.S., a third-party logistics provider in Canada and 11 hospitals with Logi-D products.
"Demand for our innovative product offering remains strong, which resulted in record quarterly revenue and contract bookings," said Peter Brereton, President and CEO of TECSYS Inc. "We are strategically investing to strengthen our sales team, increase deployment efficiency and enhance our customer experience. We added another hospital network to our customer base and signed a significant agreement with an existing hospital client to expand into the OR. We are confident we are taking the appropriate steps to continue to see strong growth."
Highlights of the First Nine Months
- Revenue for the first nine months of fiscal 2015 was $41.5M, up 22% from $34.1M in the first nine months of last fiscal year.
- EBITDA increased to $3.4M, representing 22% growth in the first nine months of fiscal 2015 compared to $2.8M for the same period of fiscal 2014.
- Profit from operations for the first nine months of fiscal 2015 was $1.6M compared to $1.5M in the same period of fiscal 2014. Before acquisition related expenses and amortizations, profit from operations increased to $2.0M in the first nine months of FY 2015 from $1.5M in first nine months of FY 2014, a 30% increase.
- Net profit for the first nine months of fiscal 2015 was $1.2M, or $0.11 per share, compared to $1.2M, or $0.10 per share, for the same period of the prior fiscal year. Before acquisition related expenses and amortizations, net profit was $1.5 M or $0.13 per share.
- Total contract bookings for the first nine months of fiscal 2015 totaled $31.0M, which includes the addition of five new IDN's. This compares to $14.9M for the first nine months of fiscal 2014.
TECSYS also announced that the Company's Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.0225 per share, to be paid on April 9, 2015 to shareholders of record at the close of business on March 19, 2015.
Third Quarter 2015 Results Conference Call
Date: February 26th, 2015
Time: 4:30 pm EST
Phone number: 800-728-2056 or 416-981-9030
The call can be replayed by calling 800-558-5253 (access code: 21762575) or 416-626-4100 (access code: 21762575).
View the Q3 FY2015 Financial Statements (PDF, 67K)
TECSYS provides transformative supply chain solutions that equip our customers to succeed in a rapidly-changing omni-channel world. TECSYS solutions are built on a true enterprise supply chain platform, and include warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, supply management at point-of-use, as well as complete financial management and analytics solutions. Customers running on TECSYS' Supply Chain Platform are confident knowing they can execute, day in and day out, regardless of business fluctuations or changes in technology, they can adapt and scale to any business need or size, and they can expand and collaborate with customers, suppliers and partners as one borderless enterprise. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, TECSYS puts power into the hands of both front line workers and back office planners, and unshackles business leaders so they can see and manage their supply chains like never before.
TECSYS is the market leader in supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals. Over 600 mid-size and Fortune 1000 customers trust their supply chains to TECSYS in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, and general wholesale high-volume distribution industries. TECSYS' shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TCS.
Forward Looking Statements
The statements in this web site relating to matters that are not historical fact are forward looking statements that are based on management's beliefs and assumptions. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties, including but not limited to future economic conditions, the markets that TECSYS Inc. serves, the actions of competitors, major new technological trends, and other factors beyond the control of TECSYS Inc., which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. More information about the risks and uncertainties associated with TECSYS Inc.'s business can be found in the MD&A section of the Company's annual report and annual information form for the fiscal year ended April 30th, 2016. These documents have been filed with the Canadian securities commissions and are available on this Web site and on SEDAR .
Copyright © TECSYS Inc. 2017. All names, trademarks, products, and services mentioned are registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners.