TECSYS Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2016 Financial Results, Records 16% Revenue Growth
MONTREAL, December 1, 2015 — TECSYS Inc. (TSX: TCS), an industry-leading supply chain management software company, today announced its results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2016, ended October 31, 2015. All dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency and are prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and are unaudited.
Second Quarter Highlights:
- Revenue grew 16% to $15.8M in Q2 2016 compared to $13.5M in Q2 2015.
- Proprietary products revenue was $3.0M compared to $3.2M in Q2 2015.
- Services revenue improved by 26% to $10.2M compared to $8.1M in Q2 2015.
- Gross margin in Q2 2016 was flat at 49% compared to 49% in Q2 2015.
- Recurring revenue on an annualized basis grew to $23.0M, an 18% improvement compared to the end of Q2 2015, representing 37% of the last 12 months trailing revenue.
- EBITDA of $1.2M for Q2 2016 remained the same compared to Q2 2015.
- Profit from operations was $501K in Q2 2016, compared to $532K in Q2 2015.
- Total contract bookings in the second quarter totaled $13.4M, compared to $9.3M in the prior year period, a 44% increase.
- Backlog grew to $47.6M at the end of Q2 2016 from $34.7M at the end of Q2 2015, a 37% increase.
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $9.1M at the end of Q2 2016 compared to $10.8M at the end of Q4 2015.
"This quarter’s results begin to demonstrate the strong operating leverage we’ve built into our business model, as our costs remained flat sequentially while total revenue has grown to record levels", said Peter Brereton, President and CEO of TECSYS Inc. "With $13.4 million in contracts booked in the quarter, we’re pleased to see the benefits of our decision to increase our investment in sales and to strategically split the teams late last year. Contract bookings growth was fueled by major wins in both our healthcare vertical and complex distribution, where we closed a large multi-warehouse deal with great potential for future site expansion as well as a large well-known hospital network in the U.S. Our growing pipeline combined with strong bookings and robust order backlog gives us great visibility into the second half of fiscal 2016 and confidence in our ability to continue to deliver solid results."
First Half Highlights:
- Revenue for the first six months of fiscal 2016 was $30.7M, up 16% from $26.6M in the first half of last fiscal year.
- EBITDA for the first half of FY 2016 was $2.0M compared to $2.2M in the same period of fiscal 2015.
- Profit from operations for the first half of fiscal 2016 was $0.7M compared to $1.0 in the same period of fiscal 2015.
- Net profit for the first six months of fiscal 2015 was $436K, or $0.04 per share, compared to $753K, or $0.07 per share, for the same period of the prior fiscal year.
- Total contract bookings for the first six months of fiscal 2016 totaled $20.1M, which includes the addition of three new IDN’s.
TECSYS also announced that the Company’s Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.025 per share, to be paid on January 12, 2016 to shareholders of record at the close of business on December 22, 2015.
Second Quarter 2016 Results Conference Call
Date: December 2, 2015
Time: 8:30 am EST
Phone number: 800-916-9263 or 416-641-6700
The call can be replayed by calling 800-558-5253 or 416-626-4100 (access code: 21786855).
View the Q2 FY2016 Financial Statements (PDF, 67K)
TECSYS provides transformative supply chain solutions that equip our customers to succeed in a rapidly-changing omni-channel world. TECSYS solutions are built on a true enterprise supply chain platform, and include warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, supply management at point-of-use, as well as complete financial management and analytics solutions. Customers running on TECSYS' Supply Chain Platform are confident knowing they can execute, day in and day out, regardless of business fluctuations or changes in technology, they can adapt and scale to any business need or size, and they can expand and collaborate with customers, suppliers and partners as one borderless enterprise. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, TECSYS puts power into the hands of both front line workers and back office planners, and unshackles business leaders so they can see and manage their supply chains like never before.
TECSYS is the market leader in supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals. Over 600 mid-size and Fortune 1000 customers trust their supply chains to TECSYS in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, and general wholesale high-volume distribution industries. TECSYS' shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TCS.
Forward Looking Statements
The statements in this web site relating to matters that are not historical fact are forward looking statements that are based on management's beliefs and assumptions. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties, including but not limited to future economic conditions, the markets that TECSYS Inc. serves, the actions of competitors, major new technological trends, and other factors beyond the control of TECSYS Inc., which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. More information about the risks and uncertainties associated with TECSYS Inc.'s business can be found in the MD&A section of the Company's annual report and annual information form for the fiscal year ended April 30th, 2016. These documents have been filed with the Canadian securities commissions and are available on this Web site and on SEDAR .
Copyright © TECSYS Inc. 2017. All names, trademarks, products, and services mentioned are registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners.