The internet represents a tremendous advantage for a distribution company. The linking of customers to the distributor provides real value when the quality of services provided in this online setting is both productive and pleasing to the customer and distributor alike.
The Value of Integration
- Allows the two way exchange of information in real time.
- Enables retail customers, management, account executives and even end consumers to get real value from the Web application, and therefore, from the company publishing the site.
- Control the online experience of your customers using powerful cataloging, shopping, and searching tools.
- Empowers your customers and your sales reps with self-service tools.
- Maintain and update your e-Commerce application with a minimum of time and effort.
- Catalog publishing and searching
- Multiple shopping carts at once
- Direct order entry—just type in product codes and quantities
- Multiple "Favorites" lists, for easy re-ordering or future considerations
- One-click checkout
- Extensive support
Security and Email
- Support for secure online credit card payments—you control the payment options
- Email acknowledgements:
- When a cart is checked out
- When a cart order is invoiced (very much like an Advanced Shipping Notice)
- When carts are sent for approval (approved or rejected)
Customer/Sales Rep Self-Service
- Transaction history of open orders and invoice history
- Statement of Account
- Customer self-service:
- Let a customer contact maintain their own Web contacts, grant browse level, shopping, etc.
- Online views of open orders and invoice history
- Support for re-ordering from invoice history
- Create/maintain multiple "Favorites" lists for current and future re-ordering
- Allow sales reps to create orders on behalf of their customers
- Control who can login and what they can access
- Link contacts to one or more account records
- Control how the system responds to cart checkouts
- Support large customers through self administration (Admin Desk)
- Powerful catalog publishing
- Easy-to-publish products online
- Accommodates simple or rich product content:
- Full descriptions
- Thumbnail, full size, and high-resolution images
- PDF files
- Supports multiple languages
- Unlimited hierarchical catalog navigation:
- Unlimited, reuseable categories; use them as building blocks
- Unlimited products in a category
- Products linkable to multiple categories
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) manipulation
- Supports embedded YouTube™ videos
- Integrated and randomized advertising graphic pools with click-tracking
- Linked to your installation via https/XML data replication
- Automatic, autonomous, very low maintenance
- No mass updates to the Web site to worry about
- Customer-specific pricing is always in sync with how enterprise software would price it
- Inventory availability is always in sync with enterprise software—if you choose to display it