TECSYS Reports Results for Q1, 2014; Declares Dividend
MONTREAL,September 5, 2013—TECSYS Inc. (TSX: TCS), an industry-leading supply chain management software company, announced today its results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2014, ended July 31st, 2013. All dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency and are prepared in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and are unaudited.
Overall highlights for the First Quarter:
- Services revenue increased by 6% compared to last year, providing improved returns on the investments made in services infrastructure; as a percentage of revenue services margin improved to 33% in Q1, 2014.
- Signed forty-three new contracts with new and existing clients. Major highlights of the quarter include winning the business of one of the largest banks in the U.S., and a leading operator of home and office beverage delivery in the U.S.
- Announced a major new and unique product targeting, the highest expense and highest revenue generating hospital entity, the Operating Room.
- Partnered with the Warehousing Education Research Council to include their industry metrics in TECSYS’ business intelligence solutions, bringing significant additional meaning to the extensive library of analytics built-in to the TECSYS platforme.
- Deployed its supply chain execution solutions at thirteen customers in Canada and the United States. The most notable ones include the go-lives of a Fortune 100 healthcare services company, and a multi-divisional consumer products company that supplies product to all channels of Canadian retail.
Financial highlights for the First Quarter:
- Revenue was $10.6M in Q1 of fiscal 2014 compared to $11.5M in Q1 of fiscal 2013. Q1, 2013 included a major contract which contributed significantly to its 28% revenue growth compared to Q1, 2012. (note: last year’s major contract impacts Profit from Operations, EBITDA, and Net Profit comparisons as well)
- Profit from operations was $171K in Q1, 2014 compared to $1,048K in Q1, 2013.
- EBITDA for Q1, 2014 was $579K compared to $1,633K for Q1 of last fiscal year.
- Net profit for Q1, 2014 was $83K or $0.01 per share, compared to $1,125K or $0.10 per share for the first quarter of last fiscal year.
- Annualized recurring revenue was $15.5M at the end of Q1, 2014, compared to $15.6M at the end of Q1, 2013. Recurring revenue for Q1, 2014 represented 36% of revenue for the last twelve months.
- Backlog at the end of Q1, 2014, was $26.3M compared to $26.2M at the end of Q1, 2013.
- Cash generated from operating activities amounted to $2.3M in Q1, 2014 compared to $903K in Q1,2103
- Cash and cash equivalents amounted to $6.8M at the end of Q1, 2014 compared to $5.3M at the end of Q4, 2013.
TECSYS also announced today that the Company’s Board of Directors has declared a semi-annual dividend of $0.035/share, to be paid on October 4, 2013 to shareholders of record on September 20, 2013.
Peter Brereton, President and CEO of TECSYS Inc., commented on the results: "Five new accounts and a significant improvement in services margins were the key elements of Q1. After several quarters of heavy investment in services infrastructure, we saw services revenue begin to respond, up 6% in the quarter compared to Q1 of last year with margin increasing from 28% to 33%. On the license front, Q1 was a more typical first quarter for us as opposed to last year’s unusual Q1 making comparisons difficult. We are excited about the new cutting-edge supply chain product we have announced for the Hospital Operating Room. This product is now released and the level of interest from the market looks promising. The combination of our strong backlog, larger services team and a sales pipeline that looks solid put us in a good position moving forward. We continue to provide good returns to shareholders with another $0.035/share dividend approved by our Board of Directors."
TECSYS’ First Quarter 2014 Results Conference Call:
Date: September 5, 2013
Time: 4:30 pm EDT
Phone number: 800-745-9476 or 416-981-9020
The call can be replayed by calling 800-558-5253 (access code: 21672007) or 416-626-4100 (access code: 21672007).
View the Q1 FY2014 Financial Statements (PDF, 57K)
TECSYS provides transformative supply chain solutions that equip our customers to succeed in a rapidly-changing omni-channel world. TECSYS solutions are built on a true enterprise supply chain platform, and include warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, supply management at point-of-use, as well as complete financial management and analytics solutions. Customers running on TECSYS' Supply Chain Platform are confident knowing they can execute, day in and day out, regardless of business fluctuations or changes in technology, they can adapt and scale to any business need or size, and they can expand and collaborate with customers, suppliers and partners as one borderless enterprise. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, TECSYS puts power into the hands of both front line workers and back office planners, and unshackles business leaders so they can see and manage their supply chains like never before.
TECSYS is the market leader in supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals. Over 600 mid-size and Fortune 1000 customers trust their supply chains to TECSYS in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, and general wholesale high-volume distribution industries. TECSYS' shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TCS.
Forward Looking Statements
The statements in this web site relating to matters that are not historical fact are forward looking statements that are based on management's beliefs and assumptions. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties, including but not limited to future economic conditions, the markets that TECSYS Inc. serves, the actions of competitors, major new technological trends, and other factors beyond the control of TECSYS Inc., which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. More information about the risks and uncertainties associated with TECSYS Inc.'s business can be found in the MD&A section of the Company's annual report and annual information form for the fiscal year ended April 30th, 2017. These documents have been filed with the Canadian securities commissions and are available on this Web site and on SEDAR .
Copyright © TECSYS Inc. 2018. All names, trademarks, products, and services mentioned are registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners.