TECSYS Reports Record Revenue and Earnings for Fiscal 2016, Declares 20% Dividend Increase
MONTREAL, July 6, 2016 — TECSYS Inc. (TSX: TCS), an industry-leading supply chain management software company, today announced its results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2016, ended April 30, 2016. All dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency and are prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Fourth Quarter Highlights:
- Total revenue for Q4 2016 increased to $21.1M, higher by $5.4M or 34%, compared to $15.8M in Q4 2015.
- Proprietary products revenue increased to $5.9M, higher by $2.1M or 53%, in Q4 2016 in comparison to $3.9M for the same period last year.
- Services revenue increased to $11.5M, higher by $2.4M or 26%, in Q4 2016 compared to $9.1M in Q4 2015.
- Total gross margin in Q4 2016 improved to 55% compared to 49% in Q4 2015.
- Operating expenses for Q4 2016 increased to $8.5M, higher by $1.0M or 13%, compared to $7.5M for the same three-month period last year.
- Profit from operations of $3.2M representing 15% of revenue in Q4 2016 in comparison to $311K representing 2% of revenue for the same period in fiscal 2015.
- EBITDA grew to $3.8M in Q4 2016 compared to $955K in Q4 2015.
- Net profit was $3.8M or $0.31 per share in the Q4 2016 compared to $295K or $0.02 per share for Q4 2015.
- Total contract value bookings amounted to $13.1M in Q4 2016 in comparison to $16.0M for Q4 2015.
- Backlog was $44.6M at the end of Q4 2016 compared to $44.9M at the end of Q4 2015.
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $9.7M at the end of Q4 2016 compared to $10.8M at the end of Q4 2015. Long term debt was reduced by $1.4M during fiscal 2016.
- Introduced OneSprint, a cloud-based Warehouse Management System (WMS) targeted for quick deployment and expected to enhance sales generated through partner channels.
"Fiscal 2016 was a very successful year for us, achieving both top and bottom line growth," said Peter Brereton, President and CEO of TECSYS Inc. "We won several significant contracts in both the healthcare and complex distribution segments of our business, controlled our operating expenses and achieved key advances in our technology and service offering that will drive further growth."
"As a result of this success and with a positive outlook on our future, the Board of Directors has authorized a 20% increase in the quarterly dividend to $0.03 per share, beginning this August," he added.
Fiscal 2016 Highlights
- Revenue increased by 18% to $67.5M from $57.3M in fiscal 2015.
- Gross Profit of $34.8M, a 26% increase from $27.6M in the previous year.
- Recurring revenue of $25M or 37% of fiscal 2016 revenue, compared to $21.3M at the end of fiscal 2015 or 37% of revenue of fiscal 2015.
- Profit from operations of $4.5M representing 7% of revenue in fiscal 2016 in comparison to $1.9M representing 3% of revenue in fiscal 2015.
- Net profit of $4.8M or $0.39 per share in fiscal 2016 compared to $1.5M or $0.13 per share in fiscal 2015.
- EBITDA increased by 63% to $7.2M from $4.4M in fiscal 2015.
- Signed five new healthcare systems or Integrated Distribution Networks (IDN).
- Subsequent to quarter-end, the Company’s Board of Directors approved a 20% increase of the quarterly dividend policy from $0.025 per share to $0.03 per share, the first to be paid on August 4, 2016 to shareholders of record on July 21, 2016.
"Looking to fiscal 2017, we are well-positioned for further success," stated Mr. Brereton. "We will continue to benefit from our leadership position in healthcare SCM to add new customers and deepen our relationship with existing customers. In addition, we are confident that our dedicated complex distribution sales team will continue to drive contract wins in that segment adding to our broader market penetration. We will maintain a disciplined approach to operating costs across the business, as we look to leverage the investments we have made in sales, marketing and R&D over the last few years."
Fourth Quarter 2016 Results Conference Call
Date: July 7, 2016
Time: 8:30 am EST
Phone number: 800-670-9648 or 416-981-9091
The call can be replayed by calling 800-558-5253 (access code: 21814343) or 416-626-4100 (access code: 21814343).
View the Q4 FY2016 Financial Statements (PDF, 69K)
TECSYS provides transformative supply chain solutions that equip our customers to succeed in a rapidly-changing omni-channel world. TECSYS solutions are built on a true enterprise supply chain platform, and include warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, supply management at point-of-use, as well as complete financial management and analytics solutions. Customers running on TECSYS' Supply Chain Platform are confident knowing they can execute, day in and day out, regardless of business fluctuations or changes in technology, they can adapt and scale to any business need or size, and they can expand and collaborate with customers, suppliers and partners as one borderless enterprise. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, TECSYS puts power into the hands of both front line workers and back office planners, and unshackles business leaders so they can see and manage their supply chains like never before.
TECSYS is the market leader in supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals. Over 600 mid-size and Fortune 1000 customers trust their supply chains to TECSYS in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, and general wholesale high-volume distribution industries. TECSYS' shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TCS.
Forward Looking Statements
The statements in this web site relating to matters that are not historical fact are forward looking statements that are based on management's beliefs and assumptions. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties, including but not limited to future economic conditions, the markets that TECSYS Inc. serves, the actions of competitors, major new technological trends, and other factors beyond the control of TECSYS Inc., which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. More information about the risks and uncertainties associated with TECSYS Inc.'s business can be found in the MD&A section of the Company's annual report and annual information form for the fiscal year ended April 30th, 2017. These documents have been filed with the Canadian securities commissions and are available on this Web site and on SEDAR .
Copyright © TECSYS Inc. 2018. All names, trademarks, products, and services mentioned are registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners.