What does Tecsys do?
Tecsys is a market-leading provider of warehousing and distribution solutions. The Company develops and markets its enterprise warehouse management software, distribution management software and transportation management software, along with related professional and support services. Tecsys also markets third-party products including those developed by partners such as Oracle Corporation, IBM Corporation, Psion Inc., Cognos Incorporated, and Intermec Systems Corporation.
What is Tecsys’ edge?
Tecsys’ competitive advantage lies in the expertise of its professionals, its state-of-the-art, proven technology, its customer focus, and its agility.
People & Expertise
- More than 75% of Tecsys staff have 10–25 years of experience in
warehousing and distribution.
- Tecsys staff have deep and unique expertise in the vertical
markets the Company serves.
- Tecsys staff are customer- and people-oriented — very high on
customers’ decision-making priorities.
- Tecsys’ technology is integrated — a strong competitive
advantage, providing high ROI to customers.
- Tecsys applications respond effectively to customer business
requirements — moving goods efficiently, tracking products and
orders, and providing unprecedented visibility into customers’
- Tecsys products are very user-friendly.
- Tecsys solutions are specific to client needs in specific market
- Tecsys focuses on a repeat business model, from product,
expertise and execution points of view, that enables cost reduction,
improved ROI, increased depth of expertise, and enhanced
Tecsys’ infrastructure is nimble and flexible, enabling the Company to:
- Move quickly and efficiently;
- Be more responsive than the competition.
What are the Company’s sources of revenue?
Tecsys generates revenue both from products and services. On the product side, it licenses proprietary software and resells third-party software and hardware. For information on the breakdown of sales, please see Tecsys’ annual and quarterly reports.
On the services side, the Company’s sources of revenue are professional fees associated with implementation assistance, consulting, training, product adaptations, and recurring revenue from hosting services, maintenance contracts and customer support.
Who owns Tecsys?
Tecsys is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. Major shareholders include the Brereton family and institutional investors.