Tecsys Reports Financial Results for Second Quarter of Fiscal 2018
Rising Profits Leads to Rising Dividend
Montreal, December 1, 2017 — Tecsys Inc. (TSX: TCS) an industry-leading supply chain management software company, today announced its results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2018, ended October 31, 2017. All dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency and are prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and are unaudited.
Second Quarter Highlights:
- Total revenue was $18.1 million, 9% higher than $16.5 million for Q2 2017.
- Proprietary products revenue decreased 8% to $1.6 million, compared to Q2 2017.
- Cloud, maintenance and subscription revenue increased to $6.4 million, 4% higher than $6.2 million for Q2 2017.
- Professional services revenue was $7.9 million, 22% higher than $6.5 million in Q2 2017.
- Total gross profit margin was 52%, compared to 50% in Q2 2017.
- Operating expenses decreased to $7.8 million, compared to $8.0 million for Q2 2017.
- Profit from operations was $1.6 million, compared to $320,000 for the same period in fiscal 2017.
- Profit was $1.4 million or $0.10 per share in Q2 2018 compared to $206,000 or $0.02 per share for Q2 2017.
- EBITDA was $2.2 million, compared to $935,000 for Q2 2017.
- Total contract value bookings amounted to $11.5 million, compared to $10.9 million for Q2 2017.
- Cash and cash equivalents, as well as redeemable long-term investments, totaled $22.5 million at the end of Q2 2018 compared to $13.5M at the end of Q4 2017.
“In the second quarter of fiscal 2018, solid bookings and revenue growth combined with flat to declining expenses led to a surge in profitability,” said Peter Brereton, President and CEO of Tecsys Inc. “The quarter was also a validation of our strategy to deploy one common technology platform that is robust and versatile into two diverse sectors where each has a different sales cycle and is affected differently by external events. In the quarter, our complex distribution business achieved solid growth in terms of both new contract and base account sales and added accounts in floor finishing products, heavy equipment and MRO. Our healthcare business continued to be constrained in the quarter by uncertainty around U.S. healthcare legislation, however this situation seems to be improving based on orders signed early in the third quarter. Our pipeline and general business activity in healthcare remains strong. The board has approved an increase of the quarterly dividend of 11% to $0.05.”
|Results from Operations||Q2 2018||Q2 2017||6 Months Ended Oct. 31, 2017||6 Months Ended Oct. 31, 2016||Trailing 12 Months Ended Oct. 31, 2017||Trailing 12 Months Ended Oct. 31, 2016|
|Gross Margin %||52%||50%||50%||49%||50%||51%|
|Op. Ex. As % of Revenue||43%||48%||45%||47%||38%||45%|
|Profit from Operations||$1,595||$320||$1,660||$563||$9,048||$4,404|
First Half Fiscal 2018 Highlights:
- Total revenue was $34.6 million, 6% higher than $32.6 million for H1 2017.
- Proprietary products revenue decreased 4% to $2.9 million, compared to H1 2017.
- Cloud, maintenance and subscription revenue increased to $13.5 million, 5% higher than $12.8 million for H1 2017.
- Professional services revenue was $14.0 million, 11% higher than $12.6 million in H1 2017.
- Total gross profit margin was 50%, compared to 49% in H1 2017.
- Operating expenses were flat year-over-year at $15.5 million, compared to $15.3 million for H1 2017.
- Profit from operations was $1.7 million, compared to $563,000 for the same period in fiscal 2017.
- Profit was $1.4 million or $0.11 per share for H1 2018 compared to $334,000 or $0.03 per share for H1 2017.
- EBITDA was $2.9 million, compared to $1.7 million for H1 2017.
- Total contract value bookings amounted to $21.3 million, compared to $16.9 million for H1 2017.
The Company has declared a dividend of $0.05 per share to be paid on January 11, 2018 to shareholders of record at the close of business on December 21, 2017.
Second Quarter 2018 Results Conference Call
Date: December 1, 2017
Time: 8:30 am EST
Phone number: (416) 359-3126 or (800) 672-2065
The call can be replayed until December 8, 2017 by calling (416) 626-4100 or (800) 558-5253 (access code: 21862899). View the Q3 FY2018 Financial Statements (PDF, 51K)
- Solutions and General info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Investor Relations: email@example.com, (514) 866-5800 ext. 4120
- Media Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: (514) 866-0001 or (800) 922-8649
Forward Looking Statements
The statements in this web site relating to matters that are not historical fact are forward looking statements that are based on management’s beliefs and assumptions. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties, including but not limited to future economic conditions, the markets that Tecsys Inc. serves, the actions of competitors, major new technological trends, and other factors beyond the control of Tecsys Inc., which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. More information about the risks and uncertainties associated with Tecsys Inc.’s business can be found in the MD&A section of the Company’s annual report and annual information form for the fiscal year ended April 30th, 2017. These documents have been filed with the Canadian securities commissions and are available on this Web site and on SEDAR .
Copyright © Tecsys Inc. 2018. All names, trademarks, products, and services mentioned are registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners.